Monday, July 26, 2010

Review: The Clique series #1-5

Book: The Clique (The Clique, #1)
Author: Lisi Harrison
Genre: Chick-Lit
Pages: 224
Ages: 12+



I read this book when I was a teen, and I loved it. But as a forewarning, the drama is petty and a little immature. There are many pop culture and fashion references throughout the book; in fact, I bought some clothes mentioned in the book just because Massie and her friends said they liked it! Haha; embarassing but true.

Rating: 5/5

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Book: Best Friends for Never (The Clique, #2)
Author: Lisi Harrison
Genre: Chick-Lit
Pages: 208
Ages: 12+



This was a great sequel to "The Clique." Massie throws a Halloween party, and of course, drama ensues. New girl Claire is still trying to become a member of Massie's school-ruling clique, after all they are next door neighbours. I sympathized with Claire and wanted her to become popular, however she is one of the only kind characters, so I hoped that wouldn't change.

Rating: 4.5/5

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Book: Revenge of the Wannabes (The Clique, #3)
Author: Lisi Harrison
Genre: Chick-Lit
Pages: 224
Ages: 12+



I think this is one of my favorite Clique books so far. The Clique starts unraveling, and major changes happen for each girl. After sabotaging Massie's chances of winning the Octavian Day uniform design contest, Alicia has been exiled from the clique and is trying to start one of her own. Massie is relentless in trying to defeat her efforts, however. And at last, Claire is starting to fit in with Massie and her friends. But can she keep her good values and kind personality, and maybe even snag a hot guy Massie is also after?

Rating: 5/5


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Book: Invasion of the Boy Snatchers (The Clique, #4)
Author: Lisi Harrison
Genre: Chick-Lit
Pages: 256
Ages: 12+



This great addition to the Clique series is full of catty competition (in the best way), from boys to clothes to social status. Claire temporarily moves in with Massie, which is slightly more bearable for Massie now that her and Claire are friends. But even school starts to feel more crowded when Alicia's cousin Nina takes the hottest boys by storm. There can only be one queen bee, so the question is: What will Massie be willing to do to protect her place as OCD's #1?

Rating: 4.5/5


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Book: The Pretty Committee Strikes Back (The Clique, #5)
Author: Lisi Harrison
Genre: Chick-Lit
Pages: 272
Ages: 12+



This fifth installment of the Clique books has much more girl/boy interaction and romance, and I love that Claire is now an official member of the clique. I don't know if this book moves slower than the previous four, or if I've just outgrown this series. Since book 1, I've been older than the age group that generally read this series, yet I kept an open mind and loved these books. I don't like the cattiness anymore, and I think (dare I say) that the behavior of these girls isn't a good influence for girls going through middle school. Being mean will NOT earn you best friends. The Clique has been a good series, but I don't think I'll read the next ones.

Rating: 3.5/5

1 comment:

  1. Wow... Great posting. I love the simple reviews of each. I am 25 years old but definitely indulge in a catty novel or two. Plus, I like to read YA to them recommend to my 16 yo sister.

    Thx for a comprehensive review!

    ReplyDelete