Saturday, July 31, 2010

What I've Been Up To - July 31, 2010

WIBU2 (What I've Been Up To) #1

Well, it looks like I'm not going to get as much reading done this week as I'd hoped. Even though it's summer, I am still working on various projects and things.

On Tuesday, I went away to my lake house with some friends, thinking I would be able to read a lot. As it turns out, I only read about one hour a day since we were constantly on-the-go; I went shopping and bought way more than I needed to, I played many games of mini golf, and I went swimming. Even though I feel a little guilty about not reading all the books I had planned, I'm so happy I got to go on the trip. We had a great time!

Now that it's almost August (ick!) I really have to start buckling down and finishing the pile of work I have to do. I've also agreed to read over a friend's manuscript for her book and give her feedback. It's a relatively long chapter book, so it does take time. It's a science fiction book, and though that isn't the genre I typically read, I'm really liking the storyline!

I've also been working hard on getting all my book reviews onto this blog. This week I've posted about ten books, which is pretty good. I have many books I still have to review and rate on Goodreads as well.

Today we are getting new furniture for the house - I'm soo excited! Speaking of which, I really need to clean the house and oranize my bookshelves.

My question-of-the-week to you is: Do you buy the majority of your books? Or rent them from a library? Or even simply swap them with friends? Let me know! =]

If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please feel free to either email me or leave a comment here on my blog. I'd love to hear from you!

Celine Parker

email: cpreviews[at]live[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment