Sunday, July 25, 2010

Welcome To My Blog!

Hi everyone, and thanks for visiting my blog! I've decided to put all my book reviews here as well as on Goodreads (link here). I will read about five to six books a week and post my ratings and reviews on this blog. Hope you all enjoy!

Now, for my first blog review!







Book: The Graveyard Book
Author: Neil Gaiman
Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 307
Ages: 12+



Nobody "Bod" Owens is not your average teenager. As a baby, when his parents were killed, Bod managed to escape the murderer and literally crawled to the graveyard at the top of his street's hill. The ghosts occupying the graveyard agreed to raise and protect Bod. Now, as a teenager, Bod can talk to the dead and walk through walls. Bod's strength and courage will be tested, however, when his family's killer seeks to get rid of Bod once and for all.

The Graveyard Book will have you hooked since page one. Bod's world is truly magical, and every one of his adventures is captivating. Whether it be venturing to Ghulheim (land of the ghouls) or attending 'real people' school, you feel like you are right by Bod's side through all of it. Beautifully written, it is no wonder The Graveyard Book won a Newberry Medal. I would recommend this book to teens and adults that love fantasy, and especially to fans of Coraline and The Nightmare Before Christmas. I look forward to reading more of Neil Gaiman's books in the future.





OVERALL RATING: 4.5/5

2 comments:

  1. Very very cool!!=) I love fantasy- normally, I like a romance touch with it but many times when the premise sounds great it doesnt matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love romance fantasy as well - but The Graveyard Book really suprised me! It has a great storyline. :)

    ReplyDelete